1.0 This website is operated by Blackett Hart & Pratt LLP Solicitors (referred to as "Blackett Hart & Pratt/BHP/we/our/us").
The following are trading names or divisions of BHP:
References in these terms to BHP are also to trading names and divisions listed above.
- read through these terms and conditions carefully before using the website
- print a copy for future reference.
- also read our terms and conditions section regarding your personal information.
BHP is a multi-disciplinary law firm based in the North of England. Blackett Hart & Prattt LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a member on this website and by using the BHP web site generally you agree to this use.
1) When you register as a member of this site you are required to authorise the collection, storage and processing of certain information about you. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise.
2) Without this prior authorisation you cannot register as a member of this site.
3) We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services;
(b) For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and service research & analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer.
(c) To provide you and other clients with relevant information and news, and access to our e-mail newsletter and news alerts following additional subscription.
We may also use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting services which we think will be of interest to you from the information we store.
4) We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
5) Technologies are used to help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our web site. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our web site. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our web site more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our web site.
7) We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Our electronic systems are protected through the use of firewalls and anti-virus software. All data is further protected and held as back-up files as part of our disaster recovery plan. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
8) You have the right to see any personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you. As a personal user of our site, you can view and print the data we hold about you. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
9) Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. Links to other sites do not guarantee that there is a data agreement in place. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.
For further information about the BHP website see our Terms & Conditions.