Domestic Violence

If you or your children have been subject to domestic violence or harassment by a partner or a family member then you should seek urgent advice from one of our family team.

We can tell you whether you should seek protection through a 'Family Law Order' and whether you would be entitled to receive public funding (legal aid) to pursue such an action.  The court can make a number of orders. These include:


Non Molestation Injunction Order

For when you and / or your children have been subject to actual violence or threatened with violence. Non molestation injunction orders may also be appropriate where you have been harassed or intimidated (e.g. with repeated abusive telephone calls, text messages  and / or  emails). 


Occupation Order

An occupation order allows you to live in the family home to the exclusion of the other party and may also exclude them from the immediate area and other designated places.


Our Domestic Abuse Law Advice

Our family lawyers appreciate that this is likely to be a very stressful time and will react calmly, efficiently and quickly to advise and assist.  In appropriate circumstances we can seek to apply to the court that day, without notifying the other party, so that you and your children are protected. 

There are other practical issues we can help you with. For instance, we can direct you to agencies who can provide accommodation and funding for emergency assistance (including housing benefit).

At BHP Law we pride ourselves in being able to assist sensitively and where necessary proactively.  If you find yourself in an abusive relationship then please be assured any information you give us will be strictly confidential and only used to safeguard and advise you appropriately.


Contact Us About Domestic Violence Law

Call us today for a free no obligation chat on 0800 590019 about domestic violence law, including occupation orders and non molestation injunction orders or contact one of our local offices in Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Tynemouth, or Stockton in Teesside.

Alternatively please email with your details or fill in the online enquiry form below and one of our Team will contact you within 24 hours.


Further Information

Domestic Abuse Service (Darlington) - 01325 352501 

No 31 SODA (Newcastle) - 0191 5863055 

No. 31 SODA (Newton Aycliffe, Durham) - 01325 317903 

My Sisters Place (Middlesbrough) - 01642 241864 



Make an enquiry