Costs insurance can be taken out at the beginning of a case. This protects you from having to pay the defendant's costs if your claim is unsuccessful.
To run your case for you, we have to pay the bills that other professionals send in, which are not covered by Conditional Fee Agreements- No Win No Fee, as they only cover our time.
These bills could include;
- GP and hospital record costs.
- A medical report;
- depending on the injury and/or your care needs, possibly more than one report from more than one specilist will be needed to support your claim.
- Court fees if proceedings have to be issued.
- Barristers fees dependening on the complexity of the claim.
- Possibly other experts fees.
We will usually ask you to pay for the GP and hospital records. GP notes are in the region of £50, and then hospital charges are around £50 per set, however if the case relates to a deceased case, such as a Fatal Injuries claim then both the hospital and GP can charge more.
After that, so long as there is an insurance policy in place that will meet the costs of claim should the case be lost, then we will not ask you for the funds.
If you are on low income or means-tested benefits you may be exempt from Court fees.
If you would like to have a chat about your options or how we may be able to help you please contact a member of the team below, complete our call back form or contact us directly at your local office.