BHP in the Community
In 2011 BHP Law set up a fund with County Durham Community Fund. County Durham Community Foundation is an independent grantmaking charity, which promotes lasting charitable giving by bringing together donors with their chosen causes. Since 1995 it has made grants worth more than £24m to groups and individuals across County Durham and Darlington. The fund is designed to support small, local community and voluntary groups in County Durham and Darlington, especially those based around sport and leisure where teams as opposed to individuals can benefit. We have teamed up with County Durham Community Foundation, to help us administer and allocate grants from our grassroots endowment fund.
In 2013 we’re pleased to report that in total we awarded over £4000 to local causes!
Some of the groups which have benefited from donations from our fund include:
- Darlington Girls Brigade: towards an activity weekend in Braithwaite, Cumbria.
- Friends of Geneva Wood: towards a permanent orienteering course.
- 5th Darlington Scout Group: towards a Walesby International Scout Centre World Experience 2013.
- Darlington Railway Athletic Bowls Section: to replace equipment.
- Durham County Council: towards Brass International Festival 2012 and 2013.
- 1st Darlington Rainbows: to fund running costs for the group.
- Fishing with Tom
- Headway UK: towards the formation of Headway Darlington & District. We also continue to support Headway by having members of our staff on their committee!